Security & Quality –
essential success factors also for embedded systems
Embedded systems are tiny information processing systems with fixed functionality that are integrated into larger technical systems.
They perform their services in a variety of everyday applications, largely invisible to the user.
By networking different embedded systems, value-added services and value creation potentials are created in the most diverse sectors:
- Industrial production (e.g. Industry 4.0)
- Automotive engineering(e.g. autonomous driving)
- Logistics (e.g. supply chain management)
- Energy supply (e.g. smart grid systems)
- Medical technology (e.g. telemedicine)
- Office Technology (e.g. interactive walls)
- Consumer electronics (e.g. Smart TV)
- and many more
Quality assurance is an important area of development. Simplified the following rule applies
“The later an error is found, the more expensive are its effects and its resolution”.
It is therefore important to test systems extensively early in the development process and to continuously extend existing tests.
Security is also becoming increasingly important.
Embedded Security covers the IT security of embedded systems by applying measures against unauthorized manipulation in the procurement, transmission, processing and storage of information.
The term DevSecOps is often used for the parallel approach of both topics.
Thanks to our many years of project experience in the embedded field, we have a solid knowledge base for the theoretical background and, even more importantly, proven best practices.
We are happy to support and advise you with your needs.
The following is a small excerpt of our topics and tools in the areas of Embedded Security & Quality:
- Open Source Software (OSS) Integration
- OSS License Management
- OSS Security Risk Management with the use of:
- OWASP ZAP
- Hardware in the Loop (HIL) Testing